Monday, July 6, 2009

Road to Chicago: Week 3 - 4

Week 3 and Week 4 are complete...sort of. I'm struggling with finding a realistic training plan that is not too easy or two aggressive. Week 3, my "easy week," left me doing too consecutive bricks. By week 4 I knew I had to make a change, and switched from my previous plan to the run focused oly plan on BeginnerTriathlete.com.

So far the new plan is a little better, but seems to be redicuosly swim intensive. On week 5 it wants me to swim 58 minutes. Based on my current endurance pace that would be like 3000m of swimming. No thanks. The race is 1500m, so I'll go up to 2000, but thats enough swimming for me. I'm feeling burn out starting to kick in, so it's time to dial it back a bit.

Week 3 "Easy Week"
Monday: Brick: Bike 30 minutes / Run 45 minutes
Tuesday: Swim 1200m
Wednesday: Brick: Bike 60 minutes / Run 10 minutes
Thursday: off
Friday: off
Saturday: Run 3 miles easy / Swim 600m
Sunday: off

Week 4 - Back to the Grind
Monday: Run 30 minutes / 3.15 miles
Tuesday: Bike 12.5 Miles / 38 Minutes
Wednesday: Swim 1350m/ weights
Thursday: Run 46 minutes / 4.25 miles
Friday: Bike 30.4 Miles / 117 minutes
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Run 58 minutes / 5.35 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment