Friday, February 5, 2010

Swim, Bike, Run, Eat: The food keeping me going

Sorry all, not many updates lately.  Training for IM 70.3 Steelhead is going well, but taking alot out of me.  Look for  a training update in about two weeks during my first "easy" week.

Until then, here is some of the food keeping me going.


Fish Tacos:


White corn tortillas, cod (cooked in the microwave), broccoli slaw, and avacado. Served with steamed broccoli. The entire thing can come together in about 15 minutes from frozen/refrigerated.  This is good "busy triathlete food" for sure!













A quick frittata:


Sauted red bell peppers and wilted spinach cooked with 4 egg beaters then topped with pecorino romano cheese and put under the broiler until GB&D.













Chicken Fingers:

Grilled chicken fingers with a bit of BBQ sauce. 

Served with a microwave baked sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar (or it might have been splenda). 

Oh yeah, and you better believe that's a guiness!












While I'm on the topic of nutrition, training has my calorie intake up to just under 3,000 calories a day and...I'm loosing weight still.  I'm certainly gaining muscle, based on my performance improvements in training, however I'm still down about 3 more pounds.  Oh well, I guess I have to eat more.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment