Thursday, March 18, 2010

Base 1 - Done

I did it...base phase 1 complete.  Wow, what a month it's been!

Week 1: 10.5 Hours

Monday - 6M Run + 2200Y Swim
Tuesday - 1 Hour Trainer Ride
Wednesday - Long Run 9 M
Thursday - Run 6M + 15 Minutes Strength
Friday - Bike 2.5 Hours Trainer Run 3 Miles
Saturday - Bike 1 Hour 2x20 minute FTP intervals
Sunday - Swim 1 Hour + 30 Minute Easy Bike


Week 2: 12 Hours

Monday - Run 5 M AM / Swim 2200Y PM
Tuesday - Trainer Ride 1 Hr Hard
Wednesday - Swim 2200Y AM / Bike 1 Hour PM
Thursday - Run 6 M+ Hill Sprints
Friday - Bike 1 Hour FTP / 6M Progression Run
Saturday - 10 Miles Run  (Includes a 5k PR @ 24:39!!!)
Sunday  - Bike 2.5 Hours Trainer (ugh)

I was starting to feel the extra volume this week, but I'm adapting well overall.  I had a great race at the Miller Park Stampede, with a new 5k PR. 


Week 3:  13.5 Hours

Monday - Run 45 Minute AM / Swim 2200Y PM
Tuesday - 15 Minutes Strength AM / Bike Hard 1 Hour PM
Wednesday - 1 Hour Swim AM / Easy Bike 1 Hour PM
Thursday - 6M Run Easy AM / Bike 60 Minutes FTP intervals PM
Friday - Run 6 M Progressive AM / Strength PM
Saturday - Bike 3 Hours
Sunday - Run 11 Miles, including St. Pats 5k

I couldn't do 1 a days any more by week 3, it was just too much.  So, I rearranged my schedule and starting working out twice a day...

I was beat by the end of the week.  My 5k was less than stellar at 25:something.  I wasn't crazy about that, but I'll live to fight another day.  We spent that night with the Trisharks eating corned beef and cabbage, which was awesome. 

Week 4:  Easy Week

Monday - Swim 1500Y AM  / Run 3 Miles PM
Tuesday - Easy Bike 70 Minutes
Wednesday - Swim 2200Y AM / Bike 30 Minute Time Trial
Thursday - 4M Progression Run
Friday - 3M Easy Run AM / 1 Hour Bike PM, 6 and 12 Minute TT

The highlight of this week was my Wednesday bike.  I got to try out my new wheels and aero helmet and did 224W on a 30 minute interval.  I was doing  average 22.3 miles per hour, which meant I covered 11ish miles in 30 minutes.  Can I possibly join the < 30 minute 20K TT club?  That would be a huge accomplishement if I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment