Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hell Yeah!

I did my last long run before the tri-shark classic tonight. It was a really great run for me. I did 6 miles in 64 minutes, which works out to around 10:47/mi. The weather was perfect, cool and overcast. I was running a new route that turned out to be flat, smooth, and very fast. I did it without an ipod since I've killed my last shuffle and can't replace it for a bit.

I'm very proud of myself for getting to this point. My running has really improved recently, and it happened during some life events that would cause many athletes to stop training. If things go well I expect to complete tri-shark's 5k in 27:30 or less. If things go really well, 8 minute miles are a possibility.

As a side note, lately I've been running with a hat to keep the sweat out of my eyes. It works to some extent, however at some point during long or hard runs the hat becomes saturated and drips, which is probably worse. My solution so far has been to turn the hat backwards when this occurs, which because of the workouts involved when this is required, has made this new quirk of mine a bit of a victory dance. The hat was on backwards tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment