Monday, December 22, 2008

Put That Away!

Attention Male Gym Members:


While I understand that some nakedness is required in the locker room of a gym, I would very much appreciate it if that could be kept to a minimum as required by the situation. Additionally, it is so NOT OKAY to attempt to converse with me about Seinfeldian topics whilst standing there completely naked. It's also not ok to stand in front of the mirror slowly combing your hair while complete naked. It is especially not okay to sit your naked ass on a bench, cross your legs guy style, and talk politics, even if said conversation is not directed at me. This behavior is both disturbing, and really freaking common. In fact it has lead me to believe that most males have no sense of modesty at all. Seriously, put it away!

While being very fat for a very long time (as opposed to current state: being a normal amount of fat for a short amount of time) has probably done irreperable harm to my self esteem, I am very happy that it has instilled in me a sense of modesty. Sure, I may be incredibly self concious while wearing my swim attire, but at least I'm not rejoicing in my middle+ aged nakedness like every other neoprimate in the locker room. I don't come from an athletics background, so I don't know if this is the norm, but I personally find it extremely weird.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I think that's what guys do... what odd creatures they are ;) You see though, this is exactly the reason I don't go to the gym.... girls are the same way most of the time. I think its a little strange!

    ReplyDelete